Child abuse and neglect are prevalent social problems with complex individual and societal consequences. In Trinidad and Tobago, reports of child abuse and maltreatment average 361 per month, as received by the Children’s Authority. This course encourages learners to understand the cyclic nature of child abuse and neglect by addressing the factors that impel abusive attitudes and behaviours; studying the impact of abuse and neglect on the human mind and development; and discussing the importance of holistic approaches to child abuse prevention and intervention.
- To understand the different types of abuse.
- To understand the cyclic nature of abuse and maltreatment.
- To understand the consequences of child abuse and neglect on the human mind and development.
- To become aware of child protection agencies.
- To become aware of holistic approaches to preventing child abuse and neglect.
Grading and Certification
If you are interested in earning a certificate, you will need to:
- Complete each graded quiz at the end of each unit within the course period.
- Earn a cumulative total of 90% after completing all quizzes within the course.
- Only two attempts are allowed per quiz.
- Your highest quiz score will be put towards your final grade, as a result, review the questions and your answers carefully before submission.
- Each quiz contains 10 questions. Questions will comprise both multiple-choice and true and false questions which are standard for all ChildLine Learning courses.
- Once you have satisfied all requirements of the course, you will be prompted to complete the course through a ‘Finish Course’ button. Once this button has been clicked, your electronic certificate will be available to you for viewing and downloading. This electronic certificate can be accessed by clicking the ‘Certificate’ button.
Workload and Schedule
- The quizzes contained in this course have been designed to be completed within one month from the start of the course.
- However, you have the full opportunity to work at your own pace as long as you’ve completed the course within 6 months of your enrollment.
- You will continue to have access to the course content, activities, and resources after you have completed the course.
How to Get the Most out of the Course
To get the most out of this course you should:
- Carefully watch all the course videos to understand the topic clearly.
- Participate in all the activities at the end of each topic to practically apply the knowledge that you have learned within the course.
- Download and read the resources at the end of each unit.
- Create a unique schedule for yourself that allows you to finish the course within an appropriate time frame.
- Post your questions and concerns in the discussion sections to receive clarification from your instructor within office hours.
- Visit our FAQ page or call 632 3254 during office hours: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- This course is non-transferable and cannot be used to fulfil the requirements of any course with any other institution.
- The contribution for this course is non-refundable and non-transferable if you are unable to commit after starting.
- Some basic level of computer proficiency is required.
- ChildLine reserves the right to withdraw the availability of a course at any given time.