- Students looking to specialize in the field of child protection and wellbeing studies
- Persons already working in the field and would like to improve on their knowledgebase
- Children and youth looking to meaningfully contribute to their future employability
- Parents, guardians, and caregivers
- Concerned members of the public interested in guiding and protecting children and young people
In Trinidad and Tobago, concerns about the mental health and psychosocial well-being of our population are at a high. The government and many other agencies have been calling for more education and awareness to combat harmful stigmas and improve the care available to our vulnerable populations. In 2021 alone, 38% of all the calls and webchats received by ChildLine’s helpline were related to depression, anxiety, self-harm and suicidal ideation. This course will help you understand contemporary mental health concerns of children and adolescents living in Trinidad and Tobago while providing you with practical interventions along the way. You will consider the importance of psychosocial well-being and be guided on how to apply the concepts of this course to your personal life and current or future careers.
- A comprehensive understanding of mental health and psychosocial well-being.
- A comprehensive understanding of child and adolescent development.
- The ability to identify mental health risk factors.
- The ability to identify mental health myths and misinformation.
- The ability to identify and employ mental health promotion strategies.
- The knowledge of contemporary mental health issues.
- The knowledge and ability to employ evidence-based interventions to support mental health.
Grading and Certification
If you are interested in earning a certificate, you will need to:
1. Complete each graded quiz at the end of each unit within the course period. All quizzes must be completed within 30 days of the start of the course.
2. Earn a cumulative total of 80% after completing all quizzes within the course.
3. Only two attempts are allowed per quiz. If you have completed one attempt at the quiz and wish to do a second attempt, you must do this second attempt within 24 hours of your first attempt. Your highest score will be put towards your final grade, as a result, review the questions and your answers carefully before submission.
4. Each quiz contains 10 questions. Questions will comprise of both multiple-choice and true and false questions which is standard for all ChildLine Learning courses.
Workload and Schedule
The quizzes contained in this course have been designed to be completed within one month from the start of the course, however, you have the full opportunity to work at your own pace as long as you’ve completed the course within the stipulated time frame. On average, the course will require 12 hours of work. You will continue to have access to the course content, activities and resources for 2 months after the close of all graded submissions.
How to Get the Most Out of the Course
To get the most out of this course you should:
1. Carefully watch all the course videos in order to gain a clear understanding of the topic.
2. Participate in all the activities at the end of each topic in order to practically apply the knowledge that you have learnt within the course.
3. Download and read the resources at the end of each unit.
4. Create a unique schedule for yourself that allows you to finish the course in the required time frame.
5. Learners are not limited to the content available in the course. All learners are free to extend their readings to information provided by reputable sources and websites.
- Post your questions and concerns in the Discussion Forum to receive clarification from your instructor.
- Call 626 3635 during office hours: 9 am – 3 pm, Monday to Friday. Or, email email@example.com
- This course is non-transferable and cannot be used to fulfil the requirements of any course with any other institution.
- Payment for this course is non-refundable and non-transferable if you are unable to commit after starting.
- Some basic level of computer proficiency is required.
- Lectures 25
- Quizzes 5
- Duration 5 weeks
- Skill level Beginner
- Students 28
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self