Globally, millions of children live in environments where their rights are taken away from them by abuse and exploitation. Even in Trinidad and Tobago, the marriage of girls as young as 12 years old was permitted by law up until 2017. This act of progress is one of many made within the last decade as Trinidad and Tobago has proclaimed multiple legislatures that focus on ensuring child rights and child protection. As a result, there is a critical need to inform the public of the laws and legislation that exist to protect against child rights infringement. This course aims to increase the learners’ awareness and understanding of child rights, child protection, and the policies, agencies, and laws that protect these rights.
- Gain an understanding of the history of child rights
- Gain an understanding of the laws and legislation on child rights and child protection
- Gain an understanding of the assistance provided to vulnerable children, at-risk and in conflict with the law
- Learn about the procedures and regulations in place to deal with children in need of care
- Become aware of the status of Trinidad and Tobago regarding child rights and protection
Grading and Certification
If you are interested in earning a certificate, you will need to:
- Complete each graded quiz at the end of each unit within the course period.
- Earn a cumulative total of 90% after completing all quizzes within the course.
- Only two attempts are allowed per quiz.
- Your highest score will be put towards your final grade, as a result, review the questions and your answers carefully before submission.
- Each quiz contains 10 questions. Questions will comprise both multiple-choice and true and false questions which are standard for all ChildLine Learning courses.
- Once you have satisfied all requirements of the course, you will be prompted to complete the course through a ‘Finish Course’ button. Once this button has been clicked, your electronic certificate will be available to you for viewing and downloading. This electronic certificate can be accessed by clicking the ‘Certificate’ button.
Workload and Schedule
- The quizzes contained in this course have been designed to be completed within one month from the start of the course.
- However, you have the full opportunity to work at your own pace as long as you’ve completed the course within 6 months of your enrollment.
- You will continue to have access to the course content, activities and resources after you have completed the course.
How to Get the Most Out of the Course
To get the most out of this course you should:
- Carefully watch all the course videos to gain a clear understanding of the topic.
- Participate in all the activities at the end of each topic to practically apply the knowledge that you have learnt within the course.
- Download and read the resources at the end of each unit.
- Create a unique schedule for yourself that allows you to finish the course within an appropriate time-frame.
- Post your questions and concerns in the discussion sections to receive clarification from your instructor within office hours.
- Call 632 3254 during office hours: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- This course is non-transferable and cannot be used to fulfil the requirements of any course with any other institution.
- Payment for this course is non-refundable and non-transferable if you are unable to commit after starting.
- Some basic level of computer proficiency is required.
- ChildLine reserves the right to withdraw the availability of a course at any given time.
- Lectures 24
- Quizzes 5
- Duration 1 month
- Skill level Beginner
- Students 37
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self